Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd April 2018, 20.43:05   #100-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS (In my heart)
Twitter: @

Default Re: The current Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
I don't have much time for Harris, Mills et al (not all to do with football), but with a board of unpaid directors, we don't have a huge pool to draw on for replacements, unfortunately.
There seems to be many experts on here who have all the answers of what we should and should not do , a much bigger pool than you think
Old 22nd April 2018, 20.50:19   #101-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
The issue is choosing a manager and giving him the resources to get us promoted. Having a paid Director of Football would divert resources away from the playing budget.

Give the new manager clear goals appropriate to the budget we can afford. With money tight that means effectively making the POs and then sucking and seeing what happens after that. Hopefully, the new manager has the luck and judgement to get a quart out of a pint pot.

Ultimately, the fans’ owned model we currently have will balance the books but cannot ensure a league winning team. That is unpalatable to some, but is where we are.
good post. we need to be very careful if the people on the board walk away who will take over???
Old 22nd April 2018, 20.51:41   #102-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readred View Post
It’s not about sacking the entire board. I have met most of them and think they are all thoroughly good guys, who are great representatives of the club and deserve our support. What I’m saying is, we have appointed four poor managers. I was in Portugal for pre season, I thought even then “solid back 4, not much creativity in the middle and piss poor up front”, the season never really led to an evolution of that team. Keates talked a good game, I won’t deny, but when you actually look at that team, yes, recovering from the Mills debacle, it’s back 4 excepting, they are as weak as we have seen in this league, they just happen to be in the worst conference I think we’ve seen since coming down.

That’s four occasions now we have brought a “apply and come make a presentation” approach to an appointment, and four occasions we have appointed total duff managers, why are we not at least considering perhaps this isn’t the correct approach? Admiring, or being thankful for someone’s efforts does not make them immune to constructive criticism.

I still stand by my point though, regardless of “passion” there is one very “visible” board member who apparently calls the shots on these appointments. When it comes to aptitude based professions, HR hiring techniques fall flat on their arse, often the most talented are utterly crap at PowerPoint, but motivate and turn around a broken team they can.

Give us your honest opinions on the 4 managers when they were announced , not after they were gone , I was certainly optimistic with all the appointments , and I would say 90% on here were happy with the initial appointments as well
Old 22nd April 2018, 20.53:01   #103-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: GUS Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Just read it was based on total turnover FFP so Accrington will be helped with the chairman putting in £250,000 a season to sponser the ground.
Accrington are now going to be two divisions up, but I think we probably have a better turnover righ now. Their average attendance is 1,853. Ours is 4,681. Their cheap seats are £20, so we'll use that as a basis. Thats £56,560 per match more. 23 home matches, £1,300,880 more than them. And I would assume our attendances would go up.

And that's only attendances. All food etc would probably be more. Merchandise etc.

£250,000 per season not such a massive deal now is it?

Last edited by fugazi3973; 22nd April 2018 at 20.55:15..
Old 22nd April 2018, 20.53:44   #104-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

How many of the posters on this thread actually attended the AGM ?
Old 22nd April 2018, 20.54:48   #105-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
The under 16s are stolen away from us the minute they are eligible to be signed, someone with a closer connection to the youth team may be able to clarify this but I’m sure one of the youth teams won the league and not one player signed on! Not a club issue might I add but the teams waiting to snap them up.
Actually the league winning team saw Bradley Reid and Robbie Evans sign 2 year deals with Joffrey and Sean Smith also signing for a year. But that was when we cared about a youth set up and actually interviewed coaches and had some form of management and oversight
Old 22nd April 2018, 20.57:07   #106-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi3973 View Post
Accrington two divisions up, if we were to go up from division above we'd be in a position to be exceeding their turnover. Their average attendance is 1,853. Ours is 4,681. Their cheap seats are £20. Thats £56,560 per match more. 23 home matches, £1,300,880 more than them. And I would assume our attendances would go up.

And that's only attendances. All food etc would probably be more. Merchandise etc.

£250,000 per season not such a massive deal now is it?
Take it of their budget and it’s a big amount of money to find , we know how hard it is to raise cash , if it wasn’t a big deal we should be able to chuck this amount in every year in top of everything elsey
Old 22nd April 2018, 21.04:47   #107-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

The main reason for their success is manager John Coleman an d his brand of attacking football.
Old 22nd April 2018, 21.06:52   #108-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumpadinks a RED View Post
Let's say the board resign.....
Now I vaguely remember when WST acquired the club we have to have a certain amount of board members to be a member of the league.

Imagine we have no board. No one else steps up. Who would step up to be abused? To be shouted and screamed at?

We are all angry, peed off and disappointed yet again aren't we.
It's so easy to spout off on social media and message boards isn't it....
Ok Spencer, you’re clutching at straws now. Don’t worry there’s a few waiting to take us forward.

But in all seriousness the current board staying as it is going to cost us on season tickets unless they can some how bring in a very inspirational manager signing who then quickly follows it us with some good signings. But of course it’s all unlikely as his remit will be wait until early August and sign out of the bargain basement. But to get the flappers onside action is needed at board level as the failings have upset the majority.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.26:19.