Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th September 2019, 20.49:02   #64-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ayr Utd. (H) ratings

Any success is welcome at the moment. Maybe a boost to confidence and to try fringe and young players giving them experience. When we reach the semifinals of the fa cup we might be a bit stretched tho
Old 7th September 2019, 21.05:05   #65-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Ask Harris what he said to Debbie the village Barber in Coedpoeth the morning of the orient game fa trophy Wrexham did not want to win according to him
He wasn't here last season!
Old 7th September 2019, 21.12:00   #66-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
He wasn't here last season!
Ha ha, you’re thinking of different Harrises!
Old 7th September 2019, 21.13:45   #67-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Not ratings as such but all in all a decent afternoons work.
Lots of fringe players and youngsters got an opportunity - hopefully they will see that if they work hard there will be opportunities for them in the future.

Formation was interesting and 'different'.

Szczpaniak made his debut in goal - had little to do in reality - a one armed save at his near post first half and tipped over a good effort in the closing stages - also saved a penalty - looked decent and his handling was sound - claimed a number of crosses.

Reverted to a 3 man defence with Lawlor at centre, Tharme to the left and Cleworth to the right - all did well marshalled by Lawlor who wasn't afraid of running direct out of defence with the ball.

Midfield consisted of Redmond, Tollitt and Barton with Rutherford on the left flank and Barnum Bobb on the right - up front was Mackintosh and Bickerstaff.

In summary I thought we should have been home and dry by the time they got their very late equaliser - we squandered a number of second half chances with poor finishing or the wrong option taken when it mattered.

Strangely I have to say Ayr were far the better footballing side - but everything that was thrown at us was defended well - they never looked like scoring until the closing stages where they could have got more than one goal. We defended very deep and seemed better and more threatening on the break.

Bickerstaff took his goal well.
Cleworth looked composed beyond his years.
Barton was solid and broke up play in a deep midfield role.
Redmond was for me very poor especially first half.
Lawlor had a good game.
Tollitt looked the most dangerous outlet and with his pace looked capable.

The downside - Mackintosh went off injured straight down the tunnel - Redmond was limping badly at the end of the game.

Szczpaniak and Lawlor were the penalty shoot out heroes.

Attendance was 1,697 with a healthy away support of 421 and no less than 11 big Ayr flags.

Mold Road stand is bloody freezing - let me back in the Tech End ASAP where the central heating is.

Somehow it was more fun than expected - winning a game with a penalty shoot out is special but as we know its dreadful to lose one.
Old 7th September 2019, 21.19:29   #68-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Not ratings as such but all in all a decent afternoons work.
Lots of fringe players and youngsters got an opportunity - hopefully they will see that if they work hard there will be opportunities for them in the future.

Formation was interesting and 'different'.

Szczpaniak made his debut in goal - had little to do in reality - a one armed save at his near post first half and tipped over a good effort in the closing stages - also saved a penalty - looked decent and his handling was sound - claimed a number of crosses.

Reverted to a 3 man defence with Lawlor at centre, Tharme to the left and Cleworth to the right - all did well marshalled by Lawlor who wasn't afraid of running direct out of defence with the ball.

Midfield consisted of Redmond, Tollitt and Barton with Rutherford on the left flank and Barnum Bobb on the right - up front was Mackintosh and Bickerstaff.

In summary I thought we should have been home and dry by the time they got their very late equaliser - we squandered a number of second half chances with poor finishing or the wrong option taken when it mattered.

Strangely I have to say Ayr were far the better footballing side - but everything that was thrown at us was defended well - they never looked like scoring until the closing stages where they could have got more than one goal. We defended very deep and seemed better and more threatening on the break.

Bickerstaff took his goal well.
Cleworth looked composed beyond his years.
Barton was solid and broke up play in a deep midfield role.
Redmond was for me very poor especially first half.
Lawlor had a good game.
Tollitt looked the most dangerous outlet and with his pace looked capable.

The downside - Mackintosh went off injured straight down the tunnel - Redmond was limping badly at the end of the game.

Szczpaniak and Lawlor were the penalty shoot out heroes.

Attendance was 1,697 with a healthy away support of 421 and no less than 11 big Ayr flags.

Mold Road stand is bloody freezing - let me back in the Tech End ASAP where the central heating is.

Somehow it was more fun than expected - winning a game with a penalty shoot out is special but as we know its dreadful to lose one.
Thanks RL , detailed as always !!
Old 7th September 2019, 21.31:10   #69-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Anyone who turned up wanting us to advance in this competition is clueless. Same for the trophy.
Serious ? I turned up today to watch my team win.
Old 7th September 2019, 21.43:10   #70-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
Some of John Neals Dynasty comments from the live match thread -

"Get Dibble in goal he could sort it miss a cross or something.
Has their been a penalty shoot out we're desperate to lose before?
They cannot get anything right should of sent Lawlor off"

Not exactly positive towards two current members of the first team.

Lol ffs I was joking lighten up
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th September 2019, 21.43:50   #71-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Ask Harris what he said to Debbie the village Barber in Coedpoeth the morning of the orient game fa trophy Wrexham did not want to win according to him
I would but I don't really need a criminal record for stalking.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th September 2019, 21.46:53   #72-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Anyone who turned up wanting us to advance in this competition is clueless. Same for the trophy.
Why would anybody go to a game they wanted us to lose? Absolutely ridiculous. What would they do, boo if we did a nice move or scored a goal? Anybody going to a game and not wanting us to lose is very weird. Why bother going?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.10:30.