Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th March 2020, 19.06:24   #118-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

It seems that seeing the bigger picture is standing on a soap box.

That's a bit of a concern.

I would suggest the most important book to read right now is Do Listen by Bobette Buster.

These are unprecedented times. The fall out from which is not yet understood by the masses.

it's a good thing to live in the present and take each day as it comes, but also wise to maintain a peripheral vision and see the future that is mapping out before us.

Wrexham is 1 football clubs in 1 country in 1 world.

There are many football clubs, many countries but still only 1 world.

If the moon was liveable , then most of the worlds wealthy rich capitalists would have gone there weeks ago, waving down out of the window.

My best advice for those with a small garden patch or access to an allotment would be to start planting vegetables. Spring is a good time to start.

Love Wrexham.

Keep the Faith.
Old 29th March 2020, 10.29:25   #119-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
The naïvity of some people is a concern. Of course we all want to carry on as if nothing has changed...but get grip!
If there is no football this season, there is no blank canvass. There will be many teams that will go to the wall. Players not paid, squads torn apart, etc etc.
Too many people on here don't yet realise the reality/severity of the situation.
To think we will be able to just carry on after huge losses of TV, sponsorship (some sponsors will go broke too) and match crowd income, is at best naïve.
I hope I will be proven wrong ….but I think some people
are in for a massive shock!
UK has a death rate 20x that of Australia, and we are talking of clubs going broke and a whole sport (Rugby League) actually folding because we can see the repercussions of a three month shutdown. This comp has a $750m TV deal and 20,000 average crowds. Players are taking 90% pay cuts in an attempt to keep it afloat. What will players at Wrexham or any other club do?
It will be what it will be.

To be honest the finances of football clubs is pretty low on my list of personal priorities with the country on lockdown, my wife and daughters out of work with no current income and the prospect of lives being at risk with thousands of businesses including football clubs struggling to make ends meet despite pledges of help from the government.

Life will be very different for people after this is over but guess what, life will go on and most football clubs will survive.

We just make the best of it that we can but this season is dead and buried for me.
Old 29th March 2020, 10.46:27   #120-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post

To be honest the finances of football clubs is pretty low on my list of personal priorities with the country on lockdown, my wife and daughters out of work with no current income and the prospect of lives being at risk with thousands of businesses including football clubs struggling to make ends meet despite pledges of help from the government.

Life will be very different for people after this is over but guess what, life will go on and most football clubs will survive.

We just make the best of it that we can but this season is dead and buried for me.
Correct
Old 29th March 2020, 11.11:32   #121-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I agree in part. however the finances of football clubs are important, as the livelihoods of thousands of people are related to football clubs, and in fact to sport in general. Not just the players, but those behind the scenes and the whole supply chain.
Old 29th March 2020, 11.43:09   #122-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Red View Post
Would expect lots of the commercial contracts will have force majoure clauses in them which void them in the event of epidemic etc.. Employment contracts on the other hand likely won’t.
They probably have, but because covid19 is not specifically mentioned the insurance companies will wangle their way out of paying up, and many companies and small businesses will go to the wall as a result - football is a minor problem in the world as it is now, could ultimately result in the European super league which the top clubs in Europe have been fighting uefa for coming to fruition because they are the clubs more likely to survive the pandemic
Old 29th March 2020, 11.45:11   #123-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
I agree in part. however the finances of football clubs are important, as the livelihoods of thousands of people are related to football clubs, and in fact to sport in general. Not just the players, but those behind the scenes and the whole supply chain.
I don't disagree but in the scheme of things the finances of football clubs are not above the finances of any other business.We are all struggling to make ends meet especially until the government grants arrive.

I'm afraid it's survival mode now and everyone's priority is (or should be) their own family, paying the bills and putting food on the table.

Football means little to me right now as much as I've loved Wrexham FC since I was a kid, this situation puts life into perspective and anyone fretting over whether so and so wins the title, gets promoted or relegated needs to give their head a wobble.

See you all at the Racecourse in August all being well
Old 29th March 2020, 12.04:59   #124-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I don't disagree but in the scheme of things the finances of football clubs are not above the finances of any other business.We are all struggling to make ends meet especially until the government grants arrive.

I'm afraid it's survival mode now and everyone's priority is (or should be) their own family, paying the bills and putting food on the table.

Football means little to me right now as much as I've loved Wrexham FC since I was a kid, this situation puts life into perspective and anyone fretting over whether so and so wins the title, gets promoted or relegated needs to give their head a wobble.

Agreed
Old 29th March 2020, 12.24:31   #125-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

We don’t often agree on football matters but this is a great post and bang on the money. My daughter is high risk and this situation is very scary.
Old 29th March 2020, 12.50:10   #126-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Agree totally with you both well expressed BOTK
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.55:30.