Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th June 2020, 18.00:02   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
Agree. Just to put things into perspective Morrell had a win % of 52.14. Keates has 34% both times.
Depends which way you look at it. Morrell did a good job inheriting a team that was winning home and away. Keates inherited teams in the lower half, heading in the wrong direction with only the January window to et players out and players in to turn things around. Since January this year Keates has a 50%win ratio, 1.6pts per game, which in my mind is enough to keep his job and save more upheaval in the dressing room. The time to judge Keates will be 6 to 8 weeks into a new season and after the benefit of a summer window.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 18.24:57   #12-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
northwalian dragon's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Depends which way you look at it. Morrell did a good job inheriting a team that was winning home and away. Keates inherited teams in the lower half, heading in the wrong direction with only the January window to et players out and players in to turn things around. Since January this year Keates has a 50%win ratio, 1.6pts per game, which in my mind is enough to keep his job and save more upheaval in the dressing room. The time to judge Keates will be 6 to 8 weeks into a new season and after the benefit of a summer window.
Since January we've won 1, drawn 2, lost 2

From January 1st vs. Chorley we've won 4, Drawn 2 and Lost 3.

I get the point that you're trying to make but it is very selective.

Why choose to look at a specific 9 fixtures and ignore the other 93 games he's managed us for - or the other 60 at Walsall?

Granted we did improve but then took a steep decline by getting battered by Yeovil and putting in a god awful performance vs. Eastleigh. We signed some youngsters that had a decent couple of games and then went missing. It happens all the time. Jay Colbeck and Theo Bailey-Jones, both had amazing debuts and got us wins.


You say the reason to retain Keates is to save more upheaval, yet want to judge him after 6 weeks of the season and then potentially have a new manager come in and try and work with players he doesn't want, ship them out, pay them off, more money wasted as well as another season wasted.

Keates has had more than enough time to prove his worth. He hasn't. His whole career is based off three months of good results. We have a prolonged period of inactivity. The perfect opportunity to get our house in order.

I personally believe we won't achieve anything whilst divided and many actively against Keates having anything to do with our club. So for that reason he should be given the boot. Let alone his dire football, incredibly poor managerial record and poor history of signings.
__________________
KEATES OUT.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 20.15:33   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Depends which way you look at it. Morrell did a good job inheriting a team that was winning home and away. Keates inherited teams in the lower half, heading in the wrong direction with only the January window to et players out and players in to turn things around. Since January this year Keates has a 50%win ratio, 1.6pts per game, which in my mind is enough to keep his job and save more upheaval in the dressing room. The time to judge Keates will be 6 to 8 weeks into a new season and after the benefit of a summer window.
Disagree. Keates Has/had a bigger budget plus ‘build the budget’ Morrell had to slash his wages bill. We lost loads of possible signings because he wasn’t allowed to offer better contracts.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 21.06:35   #14-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
Disagree. Keates Has/had a bigger budget plus ‘build the budget’ Morrell had to slash his wages bill. We lost loads of possible signings because he wasn’t allowed to offer better contracts.
Morrell inherited our best NL squad but agree he did well motivating that squad a d making the play offs 2 years running but once his budget was reduced we started to decline. ( In hindsight he should have got longer just like Wilkin). However we didn't look like a side who could seriously challenge for the promotion until BtB and Keates recruited the best defence in the NL.
Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2020, 22.19:41   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
northwalian dragon's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
However we didn't look like a side who could seriously challenge for the promotion until BtB and Keates recruited the best defence in the NL.
Based on three months of a season?

When Keates was first contacted by Walsall we'd won 3 out of our previous 14 games.

We couldn't score to save our lives that season - relegated Woking scored 6 more goals than us. We had the joint fourth worst goalscoring record.

The quality of the league was also very poor that season. A lot of those wins early on in the season were pure luck too.
__________________
KEATES OUT.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 07.30:55   #16-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Hughes has a better record than Keates.

Let that sink in.

Beginning to think davewilli is Mrs Keates. Desperately scratching around trying to find someone to justify him being here. Embarrassing.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 07.47:24   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
moynkeepthefaith's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Hughes has a better record than Keates.

Let that sink in.

Beginning to think davewilli is Mrs Keates. Desperately scratching around trying to find someone to justify him being here. Embarrassing.
Keates brand of football is not for me and once made me apologise to my Chester fan brother for our tactics in a 1-0 win. However davewill is entitled to his opinion and his points are not to be ignored.
Like it or not I believe he (Keates not davewill) will be here start of the season and we will have to see what materialises ? I and i believe many other supporters will not turn against my manager at a game and particularly not at the beginning of a season. Its not being a nodding dog its just not what i go to football for and i cannot be part of creating an atmosphere that may affect my players performance so ,for me, its 100% support for 90 minutes and then time to reflect.
There are many things we need to put right at this club - for me most importantly our relationship with the DSA but creating a toxic atmosphere from game #1 makes no sense.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 08.02:19   #18-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
KingBuxton_Forever red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Real Name: Stu
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Depends which way you look at it. Morrell did a good job inheriting a team that was winning home and away. Keates inherited teams in the lower half, heading in the wrong direction with only the January window to et players out and players in to turn things around. Since January this year Keates has a 50%win ratio, 1.6pts per game, which in my mind is enough to keep his job and save more upheaval in the dressing room. The time to judge Keates will be 6 to 8 weeks into a new season and after the benefit of a summer window.
Any good salesman will tell you, you can manipulate stats any which way you want to fit your narrative. That's why things like this are a little misleading, they don't take into consideration the circumstances.

People bang on about Morrell, but the facts are he had a team of very good players who were already playing well. He just had to keep it ticking along. As a general rule of thumb the better players win more games.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 08.17:59   #19-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Any good salesman will tell you, you can manipulate stats any which way you want to fit your narrative. That's why things like this are a little misleading, they don't take into consideration the circumstances.

People bang on about Morrell, but the facts are he had a team of very good players who were already playing well. He just had to keep it ticking along. As a general rule of thumb the better players win more games.



'Just had to keep it ticking along'. Sounds almost disrespectful.

Don't try and downplay what Morrell did. You wrote that as if its easy. Ask Bryan Hughes how easy it is just to keep things ticking along and then challenge again the next season.

The reason people bang on, as you put it, about Morrell is because he's the only manager since being in non league to actually achieve something here.

Keates isn't fit to lace his boots.

You seem to have forgotten the team Hughes and then Keates inherited, the majority of the squad were challenging for the league under Ricketts.

Lets not try and rewrite history trying to make out Keates inherited a poor squad. After Hughes was sacked a good manager could have turned our season around. Unfortunately we got Keates who made us worse and we sank even lower.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 09.02:49   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
[/B]

'Just had to keep it ticking along'. Sounds almost disrespectful.

Don't try and downplay what Morrell did. You wrote that as if its easy. Ask Bryan Hughes how easy it is just to keep things ticking along and then challenge again the next season.

The reason people bang on, as you put it, about Morrell is because he's the only manager since being in non league to actually achieve something here.

Keates isn't fit to lace his boots.

You seem to have forgotten the team Hughes and then Keates inherited, the majority of the squad were challenging for the league under Ricketts.

Lets not try and rewrite history trying to make out Keates inherited a poor squad. After Hughes was sacked a good manager could have turned our season around. Unfortunately we got Keates who made us worse and we sank even lower.
Time will tell, if the board resist changing managers too quickly once again. I would hazard a bet we'll be much closer to top 7 than bottom 7, once Keates puts his own squad together and given the resources we will be challenging for promotion.

Keates didn't inherit a squad that resembled the squad Rickett's squad that were in a play off position, the forward line had completely changed; no Roberts, no Walker; Chambers, JBB, McIntosh and Barton not good enough; Summerfield, Wright and Hooper long term injuries; Carra, Jennings and a less degree Pearson niggling injuries and missing games. So big changes were needed otherwise that squad was more than likely going to get relegated.

Keates wasn't my choice to return, so not sure why I'm arguing against the haters, but now he is here it would be folly to change manager again, and subsequently some players and targets with a new manager, (wasting more money we haven't got) let alone during an extended period of no football.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.17:50.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12