Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th January 2021, 01.20:45   #226-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Leader confirms fans want Keates out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
The biggest problem for supporter ownership is it often happens when clubs are in a massive decline. Given our crowds we should have done better under the WST but sadly not enough people of sufficient quality got involved.
Are you admitting the board members weren't of sufficient quality? Have you finally seen the light?!
Old 16th January 2021, 06.19:44   #227-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
But that scenario was within sight if there was no takeover now. So that spin is flawed. The club blew millions of pounds on nothing and from looking at several posters forecast of the financials (WrexhamO's was the main one that stood out) and some basic maths, we would have been in serious financial trouble either this season or next. It was only a matter of time when you consider the WST had lost thousands of fans and with the pandemic.

The myth that the 'club was well run off the field' has been blown apart in recent years. I'd assumed that penny had dropped with all but the lager club massive.

Well run clubs don't have to go begging for secret loans or not have anywhere decent to train. Or plan for a training ground with no money to pay for it. Or appoint managers like Hughes and Keates and Barrow and Mills and allow them to run riot.
A badly managed/run club will always be reflected on the pitch.

Look back at where we've finished in the league under the WST and come back and tell me that's a well run football club. The only time we were competitive, truly, was with a Moss/Saunders squad and very briefly under Ricketts and they couldn't even keep hold of him for one season.

When the takeover was voted for there were attempts to rewrite history from some pro wst lunatics who had dropped their WST forever stance like a hot potato when they realised the club was fcked if it carried on as is.

So they attempted to rewrite history on here but it was easily seen for what it was straight away and many have crawled back under their wst beach towels.

Anyway, now that I've put things straight lets move on.
I think we could claim to be competitive 2018/19 when a win at Orient would have seen us as champions. However there are serious questions to be asked in relation to financials and ,as you know, i welcome the takeover. My point has always been that I simply wanted Fans ownership to work but not ever at the cost of my club and not ever if those running it fail. I agree with WrexhamO's questions but can also imagine that many business's not just football are facing financial issues as a result of covid. History should never be re-written but that of course works both ways.
Old 16th January 2021, 13.27:24   #228-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
You did mention children but your figure of a £15 average wasn't right. It's between 10 and 11 pounds.
The budgeted attendance was probably (I can't remember if we were even told but must have been) lower around 2014-17, but recently it has been over 4000. A couple of seasons back it was based on a 4300 average which would have led to a 100k loss so wasn't even the breakeven attendance.

Which season are you saying we made £495,000 over the original budget from attendances? I don't actually disagree about mistakes and the second part of your post but I can't personally see a season where we came close to half a million.
The final season prior to covid, was the average attendance used. As that would fall in line with the ward and Taylor money all at once.

You can sit and argue as much as you want, you cannot deny the budget was a million as standard (as standard) but raised to 1.3million for Hughes, so we for instance added 300k to the budget. Taylor was around 300k and ward for arguments sake let’s days 1.3million (probably more) with Increased attendance over budget, we should have about 1.3 million to play with but we haven’t got a penny of it.

You can argue about 10 or 11 pound but you cannot accept there a 1.6 million minimum black hole somewhere!

300k extra went on the budget which was already set through the clubs financial income as it was previously, where the hell is around 1million plus of cash!

Gavin forgot about multiple 100k loans remember, maybe they forgot about a million in a club account...
Old 16th January 2021, 13.32:24   #229-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
The final season prior to covid, was the average attendance used. As that would fall in line with the ward and Taylor money all at once.

You can sit and argue as much as you want, you cannot deny the budget was a million as standard (as standard) but raised to 1.3million for Hughes, so we for instance added 300k to the budget. Taylor was around 300k and ward for arguments sake let’s days 1.3million (probably more) with Increased attendance over budget, we should have about 1.3 million to play with but we haven’t got a penny of it.

You can argue about 10 or 11 pound but you cannot accept there a 1.6 million minimum black hole somewhere!

300k extra went on the budget which was already set through the clubs financial income as it was previously, where the hell is around 1million plus of cash!

Gavin forgot about multiple 100k loans remember, maybe they forgot about a million in a club account...
WST members should call a resolution in relation to this - where is the money ?
Old 16th January 2021, 14.41:32   #230-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post

I was arguing about the £10 because literally the only issue I had was your numbers which led to a half a million profit. It wasn't £15 per ticket, it wasn't a 4000 predicted attendance and it wasn't a 5500 average crowd. We made more than expected but significantly less than 495k.

As for the 'black hole' I think most people are now aware we're not nearly as financially well off as was made out over the years. We've recently been valued at essentially £0 as we lose money. Without football fortune we'd have been in big trouble even on much smaller budgets.
The last accounts showed around a 900k loss without the ward money and you'd expect similar amounts in the next ones for last season (if we get to see them post takeover).

I don't see anything dodgy going on from the accounts considering they are audited every year and have probably just been analysed to the penny by R&R's team.

Last edited by tokyored; 16th January 2021 at 14.43:21..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.34:35.