Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th June 2019, 10.48:45   #51-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust board snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Yep it's mind boggling but I think they believe they didn't get anything wrong in January. I appreciate some on here think they are to be blamed for everything but its not as clear cut as that. If Pete Jones' version of events is to be believed (and I have no evidence to the contrary) they didn't force Barrow into changing his mind.

What's more galling is them holding information to release it at the time which benefits them the most and the spin that comes with it - ie why would you hold a meet the manager with Barrow when he was going.

There are ways of dealing with this as is rightly said and why we are able to vote people onto the trust board and bring in resolutions of our own. I'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling on here, that someone hasn't put forward a motion of no confidence in the football club board. Much easier to bleat on here though.
Even following Pete's version of events. Barrow was still a very poor decision. - He has a questionable managerial record
- He hadn't managed for over 10 years
- He had very recently intimated he didn't want the job. Despite changing his mind that should have rung alarm bells
- At the risk of being seen as "ageist" his age would have been an issue for me, an elder statesman doing what is a younger mans job
- He was currently our number 2, very rarely does the step up to the top job work as it is a different relationship with the players that cannot be switched on and off over night. Worrying Pete quotes the "continuity" argument which is the exact same wording used with the failed appointment of Davies just 6 months earlier. It seems the board learnt nothing

It is apparent that the board went after Big Den and he pulled out. At that point they panicked and appointed Barrow as the "easiest" option rather than keeping him in caretaker control and finding the right man. That decision was catastrophic in meaning we hired and fired Mike Newell and ended up with a man who didn't want to be here spending a £200k budget in a crucial transfer window. Pete can cloud this with "abuse of volunteers" all he likes but it was a disaster series of decision making from those in charge and we are yet to see any evidence that they acknowledge those mistakes and will learn from them going forwards.
Old 14th June 2019, 10.49:16   #52-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Theirs a simple answer to all that the board publicly apologise to the fans show some humility instead of blaming the fans who voiced disapproval of mistakes made not once but 2 yrs running.
Posted via mobile theme
Can I have an apology from Moss so I can move on too?
Old 14th June 2019, 10.54:28   #53-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Still no hint of any humility or an apology from the board then. Arrogant beyond belief.

This is yet another PR disaster, when you turn on your own fans its the beginning of the end and smacks of being totally out of touch.
Its what happened with Moss and there's no way back.
There's one way back....Promotion.... And it needs to happen pretty soon..... The peasants are getting seriously fed up of this League..
Old 14th June 2019, 10.55:47   #54-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Even following Pete's version of events. Barrow was still a very poor decision. - He has a questionable managerial record
- He hadn't managed for over 10 years
- He had very recently intimated he didn't want the job. Despite changing his mind that should have rung alarm bells
- At the risk of being seen as "ageist" his age would have been an issue for me, an elder statesman doing what is a younger mans job
- He was currently our number 2, very rarely does the step up to the top job work as it is a different relationship with the players that cannot be switched on and off over night. Worrying Pete quotes the "continuity" argument which is the exact same wording used with the failed appointment of Davies just 6 months earlier. It seems the board learnt nothing

It is apparent that the board went after Big Den and he pulled out. At that point they panicked and appointed Barrow as the "easiest" option rather than keeping him in caretaker control and finding the right man. That decision was catastrophic in meaning we hired and fired Mike Newell and ended up with a man who didn't want to be here spending a £200k budget in a crucial transfer window. Pete can cloud this with "abuse of volunteers" all he likes but it was a disaster series of decision making from those in charge and we are yet to see any evidence that they acknowledge those mistakes and will learn from them going forwards.
Agree with most of what you've written. Barrow was a terrible appointment. I said it at the time. Mistakes have been made and people should be accountable. Because we own the club, there are ways we can hold people accountable other than hiding behind this board with fake names. As I said elsewhere, i'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling of some on here, that there was no motion re. lack of faith in the football club board.

It's conjecture to say they panicked and appointed Barrow. They may have felt he was the best man for the job. If they did, then, as you've rightly said, we need to question what they've learned from the Andy Davies decision. Which frankly is what worries me most.

That said, regardless of poor decisions, personal abuse is not acceptable. Surely?!

Last edited by cardiffred; 14th June 2019 at 10.57:47..
Old 14th June 2019, 10.55:53   #55-0 (permalink)
User

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

If the same mistakes are repeated for a third season in a row will they yet again be swept under the carpet and will we all be told to move on again by the same people saying that now?
Besides the board clearly haven't moved on from January or from the Hamilton & Moss era's. Maybe when they do everyone else will follow...
Old 14th June 2019, 10.59:04   #56-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Haruki is easily the best poster on this messageboard.
Old 14th June 2019, 10.59:15   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If the same mistakes are repeated for a third season in a row will they yet again be swept under the carpet and will we all be told to move on again by the same people saying that now?
Besides the board clearly haven't moved on from January or from the Hamilton & Moss era's. Maybe when they do everyone else will follow...
We can keep blaming other people but we're allowing them to sweep things under the carpet.
Old 14th June 2019, 11.04:10   #58-0 (permalink)
User

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
We can keep blaming other people but we're allowing them to sweep things under the carpet.
I still don't see how we can change that. We can't vote for who we want on the club board for starters.
Old 14th June 2019, 11.04:34   #59-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Agree with most of what you've written. Barrow was a terrible appointment. I said it at the time. Mistakes have been made and people should be accountable. Because we own the club, there are ways we can hold people accountable other than hiding behind this board with fake names. As I said elsewhere, i'm amazed, considering the strength of feeling of some on here, that there was no motion re. lack of faith in the football club board.

It's conjecture to say they panicked and appointed Barrow. They may have felt he was the best man for the job. If they did, then, as you've rightly said, we need to question what they've learned from the Andy Davies decision. Which frankly is what worries me most.

That said, regardless of poor decisions, personal abuse is not acceptable. Surely?!
Are there?

Considering the way things are structured I'd say it's extremely difficult to hold anyone to account. We may be a fan owned club in name, but we have as much chance of holding anyone in power to as we did when we were privately owned. It could be argued we have less as there are no longer any smaller shareholders.

Not that the club/WST board see anything wrong that would require this though.
Old 14th June 2019, 11.10:03   #60-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Are there?

Considering the way things are structured I'd say it's extremely difficult to hold anyone to account. We may be a fan owned club in name, but we have as much chance of holding anyone in power to as we did when we were privately owned. It could be argued we have less as there are no longer any smaller shareholders.

Not that the club/WST board see anything wrong that would require this though.
Getting people on the WST board who agree with you is a start... how many people actually vote?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.16:49.